Privacy Statement of Solid Ventures, INC
Solid Ventures, INC and its subsidiaries (“Solid Ventures”) recognize that privacy is important and is committed to maintaining the privacy of personal information collected at its websites and on its mobile applications (respectively, the “Site” and the “App”) as well as offline where notice is legally required. Together with Solid Ventures’s Commitment to Privacy , this Privacy Statement describes the Personal Information that Solid Ventures collects and the uses that Solid Ventures will make of that Personal Information. By providing Personal Information to Solid Ventures, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
If you apply for a job through the website of one of the Solid Ventures Brands , Solid Ventures’s use of the Personal Information you provide through its Career Center is governed by the Solid Ventures Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Personal Information Solid Ventures Collects:
“ Personal Information ” is information that identifies you as an individual. Personal information includes:
- Job title and company name;
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses);
- Telephone or fax number;
- Email address;
- Credit and debit card number;
- Vendor Tax ID numbers;
- National ID numbers such as Social Security Numbers;
- Your financial information when you use your credit or debit card to make a purchase;
- Purchase history;
- Date of Birth;
- Banking information, such as account and routing numbers, and
- Passwords and reminder questions/answers.
Solid Ventures collects personal information when you participate in various opportunities that we provide, for example:
- When you create an account on a website of one of the Solid Ventures Brands for any purpose;
- When you register for subscriptions, forums, or other communications through a website of one of the Solid Ventures Brands , Twitter, or any other social media or web application;
- When you order a product or service through the Site, social media or any other web application;
- When you make a request;
- When you make a payment through the Site;
- When you participate in a contest, promotion, sweepstakes, survey or other promotion;
- When you participate in a blog or forum or write an article or review; and
- When we conduct market research or when we meet you at a social or other event.
Solid Ventures needs to collect Personal Information to provide requested services and functionality to you. If you do not provide the information requested, we might not be able to provide the services and functionality offered by the Site. If you disclose any Personal Information relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with your use of the Site, you represent that you have the authority to do so and permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
We may combine Personal Information that we collect about you with Personal Information you provide to us through other sources, such as product registrations, inquiries or marketing events. We will use the combined Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Statement for as long as it is combined.
How We Use Personal Information
The Solid Ventures Brands and our service providers use Personal Information for our business purposes, including to:
Fulfill and respond to your requests and inquiries.
- Communicate with you regarding our services and provide you with related customer service.
- Send you important information regarding our websites, changes to the Solid Ventures Brands’ terms, conditions and policies and/or other administrative information.
- Allow you to communicate and interact with others through the Site (for example through a blog, message board, messaging functionality, chat functionality, profile or other social media). By using this functionality, you are telling the Solid Ventures Brands that you are entitled to use and provide to Solid Ventures your friend’s name, email address and social media account information.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
- Send you email alerts, text messages and other written or electronic communications.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
Personalize your experience by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- To better understand you and personalize our interactions with you.
- Send marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including information, articles and upcoming events.
We will engage in this activity with your consent or where we have a legitimate interest.
- Allow you to sign up for newsletters, technology forums and other activities.
- Allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- Permit you to register and participate in forums and other events with the Solid Ventures Brands .
We will use Personal Information in this way to manage our contractual relationship with you or with your consent.
- Achieve Solid Ventures and its Strategic Partners’ business purposes.
- For data analysis, audits, researching and developing new products, enhancing Solid Ventures’s website, improving Solid Ventures’s services, developing marketing events and identifying usage trends.
- Providing data to our Strategic Partners to enable them to provide you with products and services tailored to you.
We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, to determine the effectiveness of marketing activities and/or because we have a legitimate interest to do so.
We may also use Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including those outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce the Solid Ventures Brands’ respective terms and conditions; (e) to protect Solid Ventures’s operations; (f) to protect Multiply’s rights, privacy, safety or property, you or others; and (g) to allow Solid Ventures to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How Personal Information is Disclosed
Your Personal Information might be disclosed:
- Within the Solid Ventures Brands for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
Solid Ventures and the subsidiary with whom you are interacting are jointly responsible for the management of the jointly-used Personal Information.
- To Solid Ventures third-party service providers.
Such third parties provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, product distribution, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services and other similar services to enable them to provide services.
- To third parties such as agents and distributers to facilitate the sale and distribution of Solid Ventures services which may include marketing communications.
- To third party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions.
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Site.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Solid Ventures business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- By you, when you participate in features on a Solid Ventures Site or App that provide the opportunity to interact with Solid Ventures and others (for example a blog, message board, messaging functionality, chat functionality, profile or other social media).
When you use these features you should be aware that any information you submit, including your name, location and e-mail address, may be publicly available to others. We are not responsible for any information you choose to submit through these features and we strongly discourage you from disclosing any sensitive Personal Information (such as health or credit card information) through these features. If you use these features, your Personal Information may remain on the Site even after you cease use of the Site.
As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce Solid Ventures terms and conditions; (e) to protect Solid Ventures operations; (f) to protect Solid Ventures rights, privacy, safety or property, you or others; and (g) to allow Solid Ventures to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Other Information We Collect
“ Other Information ” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or relate to you as an identifiable individual. Other Information is anonymous data.
Other Information includes:
- Browser information;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies;
- Demographic information and other information provided by you;
- Aggregated information;
- Physical location.
How We Collect Other Information
Solid Ventures and Solid Ventures’s third-party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or mobile device.
Certain information is collected by most browsers and devices, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type, screen resolution, operating system version, device manufacturer and model and Internet browser type and version.
- Through your use of an App.
When you download and use an App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as your location, or the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Through your use of an App, connected device or vehicle, including unmanned aerial vehicles.
The physical location of your device and its associated date and time is collected by satellite, cell phone tower, Wi-Fi signals or other technologies. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you do, we and/or our partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
- From you.
Information such as your location as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, is collected when you voluntarily provide this information. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site or App.
- By aggregating information.
Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site or App. For example, we may use Personal Information to calculate the percentage of Solid Ventures users who have a particular telephone area code or who use an Android device or an iOS device.
How We Use and Disclose Other Information
Because Other Information does not personally identify you, we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we use and disclose it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information as detailed in this Privacy Statement.
In some instances, we combine Other Information with Personal Information, such as combining your name with your geographical location. If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, such as when we combine information you provide upon registration with Other Information to provide you with targeted personalized marketing, the combined information will be treated by Solid Ventures as Personal Information.
Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (“ISP”).
How We Collect IP Addresses
An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in Solid Ventures server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the date and time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. The amount of information sent by your web browser depends on its settings. Please refer to your browser if you want to learn what information it sends. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites.
How Solid Ventures Uses and Discloses IP Addresses
Solid Ventures uses IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, administering the Site and presenting content that is tailored to your country. We use this type of information to see which web pages you visit at the Site, which website you visited before coming to the Site, and where you go after you leave the Site. We can then develop statistics that help us understand how our visitors use the Site and how we can improve it.
We may also use and disclose IP Addresses for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. Please note that we treat IP Addresses, server log files and related information as Other Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
THIRD PARTY SITES
This Privacy Statement does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including the further use of Personal Information and Other Information by our Strategic Partners , and including any third party operating any site to which the Site or the App contains a link. The inclusion of a link on the Site or the App does not imply endorsement of the linked site by Solid Ventures. We are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of any app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Site or the Apps. This Privacy Statement applies only to information collected on this Site and not to information collected on linked sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave this Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every linked site that collects your personal information.
DO NOT TRACK
Solid Ventures does not currently follow or respond to browser do-not-track signals.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS
Solid Ventures may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit a Solid Ventures Site. Please note that these companies may use information about your visit to this Site in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to this Site, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit http://networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp .
Solid Ventures uses reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under Solid Ventures control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you suspect or have reason to believe that your interaction with Solid Ventures is no longer secure, immediately notify us of the problem by any means described in the Contacting Solid Ventures section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding Solid Ventures’s use and disclosure of your Personal Information:
Solid Ventures gives you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. By clicking the Manage Your Preferences link, you can opt-out from receiving future electronic marketing messages and request that we not share your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you choose to opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from Solid Ventures, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information
If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress or delete, or object to, restrict or otherwise limit Solid Ventures use of, your Personal Information that has been previously provided to Solid Ventures, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law) you can contact us at the Information Request Center.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from a Solid Ventures database or otherwise let Solid Ventures know what limitations you would like to put on Solid Ventures use of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide requested services to you;
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
USE OF SITE BY CHILDREN
Solid Ventures is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. Solid Ventures does not target the Site or the App to children less than 16 years of age or knowingly collect Personal Information from children for the purpose of selling products or services. Solid Ventures might participate in select educational programs such as science, health, diet and environmental awareness in support of schools and communities.
Your Personal Information might be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or where we have engaged a service provider, including to the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”): Some non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission (“EC”) as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (see the full list of countries). For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate, we have put in place adequate measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the EC to protect your Personal Information. You may obtain a copy of these measures by Contacting Solid Ventures.
We ask that you not send Solid Ventures, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (for example, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site or App or otherwise to Solid Ventures or the Solid Ventures Brands .
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may change this Privacy Statement. View the “LAST UPDATED” legend at the top of this page to see when this Privacy Statement was last revised. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on the Site or App. Your use of the Site or App following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement.
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia (“CafeMedia”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia’s data usage, click here https://www.cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy
CONTACTING Solid Ventures
If you have questions about this Privacy Statement, contact us by phone at +1-314-664-2010 (toll-free), Privacy Information Request Web Form or write to the following address:
Solid Ventures, Inc.
3344 1st Avenue
San Diego, CA 92103
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR THE EEA
In the EEA, you may lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for your country or region, or where an alleged infringement of applicable data protection law occurs. A list of data protection authorities is available on the European Commission Website .