When you think about traveling, the best men’s luggage probably doesn’t pop into your mind. After scrolling through endless reviews of potential destinations and the cheapest flight options, packing is usually the last thing on your to-do list. Then you realize you don’t have the right piece of luggage.
Finding the ideal luggage for your traveling needs is no easy task. But lucky for you, we got ahead of ourselves and scoped out the best travel gear that will last you for years to come.
Whether you’re going on a weekend road trip or hopping on a 14-hour flight, we’ve got an option that fits all your belongings–literally. Keep scrolling to pick out the best luggage for men who look like true jet setters.
The best overall option for the everyday guy is Samsonite’s Silhouette 17, Carry-On Spinner. This piece is the brand’s longest-lasting collection for global executives, and there’s a good reason for it.
This classic carry-on features numerous accessible pockets and compartments, making organization a piece of cake even for the messiest dudes. The waterproof compartments keep you safe from exploded toiletries, and designated pockets for your technology let you quickly find what you’re looking for.
You’ll definitely get the masculine look with the durable softshell rPET fabric. The timeless design will look good no matter what year it is, and you’ll really love how lightweight it is.
Type: Softside, Spinner | Sizes available: 22x14x9 | Colors : Black | Weight : 8.05 lbs | Expandable : No | Number of wheels : 4
- 1” incremental height adjustments for a customized fit.
- TecKit designated pouch for all your tech.
- Dual durometer wheels provide enhanced shock absorption.
- It’s only available in black.
not only take up a lot of space in your luggage, but they also always seem to end up with unavoidable wrinkles.
This suit carrier can hold up to three looks and zips fully open on the inside for easy access. Since you can pack your clothes flat, the stress of wrinkled outfits is a thing of the past. You can also check durability off your list. The water-repellent Italian cotton and nylon canvas will stick with you through years of travel.
Type: Garment Bag | Sizes available: 55 x 50 (100) x 7 cm | Colors : Black, Khaki, Navy, Dark Brown | Expandable : No | Number of wheels : 0
- Easily carries up to three outfits.
- Large pocket outside can hold your laptop or even an extra pair of dress shoes.
- Sailor hook closure keeps the bag in shape when it’s fully packed and folded.
- You can only hold it one way with the handle—removable shoulder strap would be nice.
Best for a summer weekend getaway to the Hamptons or an impulse weekend trip is this Porter-Yoshida & Co. Force 2 Way Duffle Bag. Coming in two versatile color choices of black and navy, this duffle bag is made with lightweight Japanese nylon with a soft surface feel.
The worst feeling is having to lug around a bulky suitcase after a long day of traveling. This bag is the perfect catch-all and the ideal size to carry your most necessary items. The simple duffle design and additional front pockets allow more room for storage and easier organization.
Pair this duffle bag with your favorite jeans and a simple t-shirt for a foolproof getaway look.
Type: Duffle | Sizes available: 18.9 x 11 x 7.1” | Colors : Black, Navy | Weight : Lightweight | Expandable : No | Number of wheels : 0
- Lightweight Japanese nylon has a soft surface feel.
- Three front patch pockets give room for extra storage and easy organization.
- Striking orange lining instantly puts you in a vacation mood.
- The nylon material is waterproof and practical but not very formal.
Not all luggage has to be for a six-week vacation. We get it—sometimes you just need something simple. Artisan
It’s super compact but provides a spacious padded interior that gives plenty of room for your precious tech gear and smaller belongings. This gorgeous piece is made in Italy using the best construction techniques, and the premium Italian full-grain cowhide leather is durable enough to last for decades.
Perfect to be styled with a business casual outfit or even a full suit, this leather portfolio will make you feel like you have millions of dollars in the bank.
Type: Portfolio | Sizes available: 34.5 x 25 x 2 cm | Colors : Black, Brown, Light Brown, Navy | Weight : Lightweight | Expandable : No | Number of wheels : 0
- Side padding provides better protection for your pricey tech items.
- Thoughtful pockets for a pen, chargers, cards, papers, and more.
- Smooth and secure zipper.
- Does not have any handles.
Rockland’s Fashion Softside Upright Luggage Set is hands down the best men’s luggage on a budget. For a very affordable price, you get a full-size expandable carry-on and a handy tote bag for extra essentials you need easy access to. Compact and practical, this luggage will make you feel like a savvy traveler, almost up to the pilot’s level.
Made with heavy-duty fabric, this luggage set is designed for the traveler on the go. Thoughtfully curated with multiple pockets for all of your knicks and knacks, this versatile luggage set is spacious enough to pack for a few days of travel. It’s also the perfect size to meet most airlines’ size restrictions.
Type: Softside | Sizes available: 21 x 13 x 7.5 | Colors : Multiple colors available | Weight : 6.78 lbs | Expandable : Yes | Number of wheels : 2
- Additional tote bag.
- Ergonomic padded top and side grip handles.
- Fully lined interior makes it easy to clean.
- Inline skate wheels can only be rolled one way, which isn’t ideal for everyone.
If you’re constantly running on low battery, AWAY’s suitcase will make your life much easier. The Bigger Carry-On from AWAY comes with an option to include 2 USB charger slots for a few extra dollars, and it’s so worth it. Whether you need to make important work calls or you’re traveling with a mobile game-addicted child, this suitcase will keep your electronic devices powered at all times.
The optional ejectable battery can charge any phone up to 4 times, ensuring you’ll be connected everywhere you go. For the skeptics, don’t worry—the batteries are TSA-compliant and cleared to fly on any airline. AWAY luggage also features a sleek, timeless, and minimal design that comes in a variety of attractive soft-toned colors to keep your travels light and fun.
Type: Hardshell, Spinner | Sizes available: 22.7 x 14.7 x 9.6 | Colors : Multiple colors available | Weight : 7.4 | Expandable : No | Number of wheels : 4
- Optional USB charger is a game-changer for us tech-savvy travelers.
- Internal water-resistant laundry bag.
- Stores more than your average carry-on but also fits in most airlines’ overhead bins.
- We’re not in love with the logo printed inner lining, but who cares?
Larger check-in bags have a bigger risk of getting lost, but carry-ons stay right by your side. If you’re looking to invest in just one piece of solid luggage, it should be a carry-on.
RIMOWA’s Original Cabin is the most classic model of all fashion luggage. It’s remarkably robust and surprisingly lightweight, while the timeless design is just that—timeless. RIMOWA offers a wide range of sizes in their luggage line, but we especially love the Cabin because it fits in most airplane overhead bins.
The high-end anodized aluminum gives a sturdy and luxurious feel without looking too clunky.
Type: Hardshell | Sizes available: 21.7×15.8×9.1 | Colors : Black, Titanium, Silver | Weight : 9.5 lbs | Expandable : No | Number of wheels : 4
- RIMOWA’s design speaks for itself.
- TSA-approved locks.
- Flex Dividers inside the luggage are height adjustable.
- High quality also comes with a high price tag.
COOLIFE is the ideal best suitcase for men in need of a three-piece set. As a best-seller with nearly 15k positive ratings, this set is clearly a tried and true option.
Available in a wide range of basic and colorful options, this luggage set comes in three useful sizes of 20, 24, and 28 inches—one for you, your partner, and your little one. This set will provide enough storage for your entire family, and with the matching colors, your belongings will be easy to spot while others are checking name tags at baggage claim.
Don’t let the affordable price fool you—you’d be scoring three high-quality luggage for the price of one.
Type: Hardshell | Sizes available: 22.5 x 15.5 x 9.25, 26.5 x 18.25 x 10.25, 30.25 x 20.75 x 11.75 | Colors : Multiple colors available | Expandable : No | Number of wheels : 4
- Smooth and silent spinner wheels are multidirectional.
- The price is great for the value.
- Stored Russian doll style to save space.
- Includes one mesh pocket, but that just might not be enough for everyone.
Our pro tip is to go for leather luggage that will age nicely, like Bottega Veneta’s Classic Intrecciato duffel bag. This weekend bag is perfect for a short getaway and made with 100% calfskin leather that will only get softer and smoother with wear.
Bottega Veneta’s signature Intrecciato design comes in four attractive, muted colors that will truly never go out of style. With the chic hardware with the silver finish, this leather luggage will be the ultimate flex on trains and flights.
Type: Duffel | Sizes available: 10.6 x 19.7 x 9.4 | Colors : Black, Taupe, Camping, Fondant | Expandable : No | Number of wheels : 0
- Removable strap makes it easy to carry multiple ways.
- A gorgeous vintage piece you can hand down to your next generation.
- Luggage includes a single removable interior zipped pocket.
- Suede lining is extra luxurious, but it isn’t the easiest to clean.
10. Best Designer Luggage For Men: Montblanc #MY4810 Medium 61cm Leather-Trimmed Polycarbonate Suitcase
Montblanc is a designer known to meet the needs of business jet setters, and their suitcases are another hit. The #MY4810 suitcase in silver is the ultimate luxury item for men who go on a lot of business trips or weekend getaways.
Coming in a medium size, large enough to carry several outfits and suits, this suitcase is the best luggage for men who care about fashion. With the two large compartments and zipped pockets, the organization part of packing is easy. You’ll be able to quickly spot your smaller accessories like belts , socks, and jewelry when you get dressed on busy mornings.
The polycarbonate material is lightweight, making your travels so much more convenient.
Type: Hardshell | Sizes available: 24.8 x 19.9 | Colors : Silver | Weight : 13 lbs | Expandable : No | Number of wheels : 4
- So many pockets.
- 360-degree wheeling system makes rolling through busy crowds a breeze.
- Signature Montblanc logo and leather trim at the front is a nice subtle touch.
- Polycarbonate is insanely lightweight, but it is quite prone to dents and scratches.
This expandable, hardshell carry-on luggage is a great
The luggage features four double spinner wheels and a sturdy telescoping handle that makes maneuvering through the crowds seamless and much more pleasant. The classic design and unique colors will always keep you looking trendy without breaking the bank.
Type: Hardshell, Spinner | Sizes available: 21, 26, 30in | Colors : Black, Navy, Blue, Orange | Weight : 7.34 lbs | Expandable : Yes | Number of wheels : 4
- Four double spinner wheels for smooth-rolling in any direction.
- Fully lined interior organizer with a divider for easy-to-find items.
- Expandable for up to 15% more packing space.
- ABS hardshell material is not the most durable if you’re a rough traveler.
FPM Milano’s Spinner 76cm Aluminum Suitcase is the best luggage for men who need long-lasting hardshell durability. Made with strong aluminum, this suitcase is extremely durable and can definitely hold its own in a cargo hold.
The masculine feel of the robust aluminum is paired with the luxurious, brown calf leather straps to give a totally deluxe vibe. Featuring TSA-approved locks, an ergonomic handle, and spinner wheels, this luggage consists of all the things that will make traveling easy breezy.
Type: Hardshell, Spinner | Sizes available: 27.2 x 18.9 in | Colors : Gray, Black, Silver | Weight : 16.3 lbs | Expandable : No | Number of wheels : 4
- Built from aluminum for extra durability.
- Two internal dividers help with packing and organizing.
- Internal and external leather straps look and feel so luxurious.
- The aluminum material is sturdy but heavy—if you prefer a lighter alternative, go for their polycarbonate options.
The Monos Carry-On Pro is a great option if you’re looking for lightweight luggage. The brand believes that ‘less is more’ and creates beautiful luggage for contemporary minimalist travelers.
The real gold medal for Monos goes to their unbreakable aerospace-grade polycarbonate. No more worrying about your luggage getting crushed on the plane. For an even lighter option, their most popular Carry-On model is an excellent choice, but we personally prefer the Pro model for the added front compartment made with your precious laptop in mind.
Type: Hardshell | Sizes available: 22 x 4 x 9 | Colors : Multiple colors available | Weight : 7.8 lbs | Expandable : No | Number of wheels : 4
- Built-in front compartment fits up to a 15-inch laptop.
- 360-degree wheels are whisper-quiet and smooth gliding.
- Lockable YKK reverse coil zipper provides extra security for your items.
- The front compartment is great but very compact—there isn't a ton of room for much more than a laptop.
Compact carry-on luggage is the best for minimalists who prefer to keep things light or those who overpack and need an extra suitcase to fit in leftover items. They can be extremely versatile as they can easily fit anywhere and help you stay organized for every travel scenario—quick overnight business trips, bachelor or bachelorette weekend trips, and more.
CALPACK’s Hue Mini Carry-On Luggage is the most functional yet luxurious model of compact luggage. Its design is simple yet very modern. The lightweight, hardshell exterior, dual 360-degree spinner wheels, and an extending handle make it super seamless to travel with. The multi-compartments and interior pockets don’t hurt either.
With CALPACK’s compact luggage, you’ll feel like a pro packer traveling lightly while others struggle and fight for space in the overhead bins.
Type: Hardshell, Compact | Sizes available: 16 x 14 x 8 in | Colors : Multiple colors available | Weight : 6.4 lbs | Expandable : No | Number of wheels : 4
- Compact size fits perfectly under most airlines’ seats.
- Lots of compartments and multiple interior pockets.
- Compression straps help fit more items.
- Keep in mind if it fits under most seats. If this is a big deal for you, it might be smart to go smaller with a duffel.
For the best luggage for men that is all about fashion, look no further than Globe-Trotter’s Centenary Carry-On Leather-Trimmed Trolley Suitcase. As a rich cousin to the ordinary briefcase, this suitcase has a cult following because of its iconic and timeless design.
This trolley suitcase is handmade in England, and the signature vulcanized fibreboard is super sleek yet masculine. The material is highly durable and light weight, set to last for trips you haven’t even dreamed of yet.
Globe-Trotter makes luggage of all sizes, but we especially love this carry-on size for weekend getaways and business trips.
Type: Hardshell | Sizes available: 21.7 x 15.7 in | Colors : Black | Weight : 11.3 lbs | Expandable : No | Number of wheels : 4
- It doesn’t get any more luxurious than the leather straps and trims.
- Push-lock fastening with keys provides extra security and style.
- Serious Hogwarts vibes.
- We like the classic lock fastening with keys, but some people may want TSA-approved locks for convenience.
What to Look for When Looking for The Best Luggage for Men
Luggage size will usually depend on the length of your travels. For overnight trips, a simple backpack or duffel bag will do. For weekend getaways, a carry-on would be the best option. And for longer vacations, anything longer than 5 days, go for the larger-sized luggage to hold multiple outfits and toiletries.
When it comes to luggage, there are two main types—hardshell and softshell. Hardshell suitcases are better if you want compact luggage with extra security for fragile items. Softshell luggage is better if you want something more lightweight with flexible fabrics that can handle more stuffing.
Some suitcases can offer up to three different expandable compartments, giving you extra storage space. These will come in quite handy, especially if you are going to new tourist spots or shopping cities where you’re likely to purchase souvenirs. In those ‘emergency’ instances, expandable luggage will provide extra storage space for your new things.
What are the most high end brands for luggage for men?
The most popular high-end luggage for men are brands like Rimowa, FPM Milano, and Globe-Trotter. These specialty brands offer the most advanced technology and premium materials. Other luxury designer brands like Louis Vuitton, Bottega Venetta, and Montblanc also make great luggage for men.
When is the best time to buy luggage for men?
The best time to buy luggage for men is often in July and August. This is when many stores and retailers will put luggage on promotions, as most summer travel is over by July.